Distribution: PHD & Soulfood
The latest Californian buzzsaw assailment RIPPED TO SHREDS follows up with a new EP after the highly acclaimed debut full-length last year. “魔經 - Demon Scriptures” sees the band morphing into a more vicious HM-2 machine while purposefully weaving Chinese horror & folklore tales with a fresh retrospective.
Taking a huge chunk of influences from Swedish Death Metal pioneers, RIPPED TO SHREDS have stayed true to the nuances of ugly rotting Death Metal with a befitting production helmed at Subterranean Watchtower by Damian Herring (Horrendous, Blood Incantation, Sentient Horror, etc), backed by a grotesquely spellbinding artwork by Velio Josto (Nunslaughter, Cruel Force, Vulture, etc).
* Formed only in 2016, RIPPED TO SHREDS very quickly gained underground attention with their debut full-length record “埋葬” and garnered positive response all around.
* Andrew Lee is the brainchild of RIPPED TO SHREDS, whom also shares guitar duties in Azah and Skullsmasher, etc.
* The drums on “魔經 - Demon Scriptures” were performed by Kevin Paradis, whom have worked with bands such as Benighted, Svart Crown, Melechesh, Shining, etc to name a few.
1. 喪家 (In Mourning)
2. 江湖郎中 (Pseudoelixir)
3. 株九族 (Nine Familial Exterminations)
4. 日月神教第一節 (Sun Moon Holy Cult Part 1)